Comfort is a complicated subject, and it can vary from one person to another. That’s why when you ask what the perfect temperature should be set at for the summer months; you can not have an exact and defined answer.
Our experts at Rockwall One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating give you these two helpful pieces of advice to know the right setting for your air conditioning system this summer.
- If you are more on the comfort aspect, focus not on your thermostat but the temperature that makes you feel comfortable inside your home.
- If you are in for the savings, try raising the temperature from 74° F. In every degree that you raise the thermostat setting, you can get up to 3-5% saving on cooling costs.
Many people fight over the thermostat especially for the peak seasons like the summer and winter. This is primarily because of the differences in comfort level and the money that flows along with the adjustments in the temperature setting. So what’s the best setting for your air conditioning unit this summer? Well, you should probably ask yourself which to prioritize between comfort and savings.
If you want to achieve these two important concerns this hot season, here are some tips that you should take note.
- Take advantage of cooler night temperature. Open the windows overnight to let in cool air and close them at daylight. Be sure to keep the shades and curtains drawn on hot days.
- Don’t let the heat get into your home. Take advantage of the weather to dry your clothes and cook outside. Be sure also to use your exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathroom. Checking and improving your home’s insulation is also an important concern. Be sure to find and seal the leaks that cause outside air to get in.
- Invest on Programmable Thermostats. You can get great savings and comfort with a programmable thermostat. It learns your schedule and allows you to manipulate the temperature inside your home via your smartphone.
- Zoning System. With a zoning system, each member of your family can set their desired temperature without affecting the comfort of other members. You can also set a different temperature in unused parts of the house to save on cooling costs.
If you want to optimize your comfort and savings this summer season, call the experts at Rockwall One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating. We have just the right tools for you.